People throughout the world are in love with five birds! If this fact astonishes you then you are among the rare group of people who are still unaware of the magic of “angry birds” – a video game which has taken the world by storm. ‘Angry birds’ is a game all about 5 angry birds protecting their eggs from devilish green pigs. As the pigs try to steal the eggs, the birds catapult themselves at the pigs in order to destroy them. Every bird is equipped with special abilities to combat with their enemies. While the first level features only the red bird, but with increasing levels the pigs are confronted with the four more raging birds of varied colours. While the yellow bird can speed up and blue bird gives rise to three more of their own kind, the white bird attacks the pigs with explosive eggs and the black bird themselves bombs upon their green foes.
The simplicity of the game and its adorable characters has turned it into an international obsession. Apart from ruling the game world, its characters have also found their place in bakeries, on cupcakes and as cake pops. The vibrant, cute angry bird cake pops brings fun element to a party and becomes an instant hit among angry bird fans. But you don’t have to rush to the bakeries for them as they can be made at your own kitchen. The following angry bird cake pops recipe will tell you how!
• 1 cake
• Candy melts (orange, red, yellow, blue, black and white)
• White chocolate chips
• 1 can vanilla frosting
• Black edible ink
• Lollipop sticks or small bamboo skewers
• Black licorice
• Tear the cake into fine crumbs and stir in ¾ of the vanilla frosting to it until they form a uniform mixture.
• Take small portions of the crumbled cake mixture in your palm and roll them into small balls.
• Dissolve the candy melts, dip ¼ of each stick into the melted candy and thrust them into the small globes of cakes.
• Arrange them on a plate and let it set in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
• Once hardened, coat the cake balls into the melted candy and pay extra care to do away any excess candy melts.
• Wait for the cake pops to dry and then begin to decorate them into angry bird characters.
• Shape the yellow candy melts into small triangles to serve as beaks, orange melts will make the eyebrows while shape the black licorice into the birds’ wings.
• Slice away the pointed tip of the chocolate chips and use them as eyes.
• Brush a small amount of melted candy on places where you want the attachments to be.
• Attach the eyes, beaks, eyebrows and wings on top of the melted candy at their respective places and draw the black of the eye on the chocolate chip with black edible ink.
• Wait for the cake pops to dry and then pop in the cute angry birdies!